The twin Elephants of Thomas Goode & Co have stood sentinel over South Audley Street since Victorian times and most recently one was lent as the centrepiece of the Sculpture Victorious exhibition 2015 at the Tate Gallery in London. The Elephants were commissioned to stand at the entrance of Thomas Goode & Co’s court at The Paris Universal Exhibition of 1889. The largest commissions ever undertaken by the Minton pottery, these graceful animals stand 7ft tall, complete with ceramic howdahs and carved ebony stands. A tour de force of the potter’s art, they caused a sensation at the fair, and still turn heads in Mayfair to this day. Once the Exposition was over, The Elephants were brought to Thomas Goode & Co where they have been housed ever since. These Elephants are the largest and most famous examples of Victorian majolica ever produced by the Minton factory, and are undoubtedly some of the most splendid ceramic works of art created in the late nineteenth century.