Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions of sale (the “Terms and Conditions”) set out the terms and conditions on which we supply any of our products (“Product” or “Products”) listed on our website www.thomasgoode.com (the “Website”) to you.
Please read the Terms & Conditions carefully before placing on order on the Website. If you do not agree to the Terms & Conditions, you may not use or access the Website.
In case of any queries, we are always happy to assist. Please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone on +44 (0)20 74992823 Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm and Saturday 10am to 5pm
To place an order on the Website you must be 18 years or older.
All text, graphics, photographs, trademarks, logos and all other intellectual property rights in material and content used on the Website belongs to Thomas Goode. You are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, publicly display, translate, transmit or distribute the material or content used on the Website without prior written consent from Thomas Goode.
We aim to take every possible care to give you a detailed and correct description of the Products at all times. However, while every effort has been made to portray the items accurately through detailed imagery, variations may occur. Appearance, textures, colours and finishes may differ depending on the calibration and settings of individual screens and browsers.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of the Website, or by the use of any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your personal information.
1. All Product prices shown on the Website include UK VAT (where applicable) at the current rate and exclude any delivery charges. For orders from outside the EU we will deduct UK VAT at checkout.
2. We reserve the right to amend prices at any time.
3. We aim to display all Product prices on the Website as accurately as possible but errors may occur. In the event of apricing error we reserve the right to cancel any orders made for products at the incorrect price and refund all monies that have been paid. We are not obliged to honour the incorrect price in any future orders. In the unlikely event that this should occur we will contact you to advise of this as soon as possible.
4. You must pay in full for the products (including any applicable delivery charges) at the time of placing your order.
5. Upon delivery to countries outside the EU you may be liable for import duty and local taxes on your order, which will need to be paid to the carrier or local tax office before they will release the goods.
6. We advise that all International customers contact their local tax office if they require more information about this: we regret that Thomas Goode is unable to offer guidance on such duties or taxes.
7. Ownership in the products we supply to you will not pass until we have received all sums due (including delivery charges).
1. We will guide you through the process of placing an order on the Website with a series of simple instructions.
2. We will send you an email confirming your order which will detail the Products you have ordered including price and the leadtime shown at the time of ordering. Should there be any error, or you do not receive an Order Confirmation please email as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The order confirmation email does not constitute an acceptance of your order by us and does not indicate you have entered into a contract with us.
4. Payment for your order will be charged when you place the order. We accept payment with the payment methods listed on the Website.
5. By submitting an order to us through the Website, you are confirming that the payment details provided on you order are valid and correct.
6. The lead time or delivery date given at the time of placing the order are estimates only based upon the best available information concerning manufacturer’s lead times and transportation time and these are considered as accepted by the customer.
7. By law we cannot sell knives to persons under the age of 18. It is illegal to buy restricted products if you are under age, or to buy restricted products for someone else who is under age.
8. By placing an order for an item that by law we are only permitted to sell to customers who are 18 years or older, you are confirming to us that you are 18 years or older.
9. Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of, but not limited, to the following conditions:
- The products you ordered are unavailable from stock.
- The supplier has discontinued the products you have ordered.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- Your order has not passed our fraud screening process
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- You are purchasing an age restricted product and we are not able to verify that you are over the required age.
- An item is unable to be shipped overseas to your given delivery address, due to transport or import restrictions.
1. When your order is shipped via courier, we will send you a dispatch confirmation email containing tracking information. Upon dispatch you will enter into a contract with and your order is deemed to be accepted by Thomas Goode.
2. Shipping costs will be added at the checkout and will be shown in the confirmation of your Order.
3. For customers purchasing from outside the EU the shipping costs shown on the website and Order Confirmation are given as an estimate only. We endeavour to give the most accurate price, but due to variance in size and weight of our goods, shipping can incur additional charges. If there is a difference in the shipping costs, we will contact you either by e-mail or telephone to advise you of the costs and discuss the options.
4. As mentioned before, for customers purchasing goods to be shipped outside the EU, upon delivery you may be liable for import duty and local taxes on your order, which will need to be paid to the carrier or local tax office before they will release the goods.
5. The Products will be your responsibility from the time that you (or a third party other than the courier and indicated by you) take physical possession if the Products.
We hope you will be pleased with everything you have bought from us. But if for any reason the items you have ordered do not meet your expectations, you can return them to us either in accordance with the terms set out below or as otherwise in accordance with your statutory rights.
1. You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of delivery of your Products without giving a reason. This right, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, is explained in more detail below.
2. The cancellation period starts at the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your Products. If your order consists of several items that are being delivered separately, the cancellation period ends 14 days after you have received the last Product of your order.
3. There are some Products where you won’t have the right to cancel unless the items are damaged or faulty. These items include bespoke furniture or lighting and all other items that are made to order or personalised.
4. Please be aware that the costs of returning unwanted items that are not faulty or damaged are your responsibility.
5. If the items are too large to be sent through the post please contact us via email or phone and we can arrange a courier to collect the goods which will be chargeable if the goods are not faulty or damaged.
6. We will reimburse to you the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply, via the method used to pay for the original transaction. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
7. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
8. Please return your goods to us in the exact condition you received them, including original packaging, to Customer Services Team, Thomas Goode, 19 South Audley Street, London W1K 2BN3.
1. Please provide us with complete and accurate delivery address information, including the name of the recipient. We will not be liable for the delivery of your Order, if incomplete or inaccurate information is provided
2. It is your responsibility to ensure that the goods you are purchasing can be delivered into the property. We are not responsible should the goods not fit into your property.
3. When your order is shipped from our warehouse via courier, we will send you a dispatch confirmation email containing tracking information.
4. Any claims for damage to the goods should be reported within 24 hours of receiving the delivery by emailing email@example.com or by phone on +44 (0)20 207 499 2823.
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
We will not be responsible or liable (whether in contract, tort or otherwise), under any circumstances, for the interruption of business, access delays or access interruptions to the Website, data non-delivery, mis-delivery, corruption, destruction or other modification; loss or damages of any sort incurred as a result of dealings with or the presence of off-Website links on the Website; computer viruses, system failure or malfunction which may occur in connection with your use of the Website, including during hyperlinks to or from third party websites; any inaccuracies, missions or misleading, false or deceptive statement in the content; and events beyond our reasonable control.
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents or employees.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. We may modify and update these Terms & Conditions from time to time. However, any order of Products by you will be governed by the terms and conditions on the Website at the time you place the order.
Each of the provisions of these Terms & Conditions operates separately. If any of the provisions in these Terms & Conditions is being deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
You confirm that, in agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
If you have any queries regarding these Terms & Conditions, you can contact us by:
Email: customerservice@thomas goode.com
Phone: +44 (0) 20 749 92823
Post: Customer Service Team, Thomas Goode, London W1K 2BN, UK
Thomas Goode is the trading name of Thomas Goode & Co. Limited, registered in England and Wales, company number 11213313.
The registered office is 19 South Audley Street, London W1K 2BN.